Wednesday, January 22

Movie Review: The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug

The crew of one of my favorite shows is back once again in a totally unrelated movie!!
Yep that's also right, they're enemies too!
BTW, I haven't seen the first episode of the 3rd season yet but I love Sherlock.
If you have Netflix and haven't watched it yet, watch it.

Rating: PG-13
Time: 161 min
Director: Peter Jackson
Stars: Martin Freeman, Ian McKellen

Once again, if you have not watched Sherlock the show and do own a Netflix account, you should definitely take a crack at it!
It is a great show, one of the best I've ever seen!
And there's only 2 seasons with 3 episodes each!
Sure the episodes are an hour and a half but still, see it!
But anyway to get to some more recent news this is the 2nd movie of the Hobbit trilogy.
I didn't read the books and that means I'll probably be giving the movie a better opinion because of that.
But anyway, on to the review!
So the plot of the movie is that it is still the same journey and Bilbo is still on his journey with the dwarves to go and reclaim the dwarves homeland from a great dragon named... SMAUG!!!!!
So what was good in the movie?
I remember briefly seeing the first Hobbit movie last year and liking it.
I don't remember loving it though or putting it on my top 10 list which this one will definitely appear.
I don't know what it is about this movie, or maybe it's me!
Maybe my taste has changed in the slightest and I just loved this movie more!
Or it could be that this movie is just so much more intriguing than the first one.
I absolutely loved this movie!
It had way more action and sequences that were just plain amazing.
The humor was quirky and made me laugh.
The humor was also put in at just the right moment so it never seemed awkward or out of the blue.
The special effects were amazing and made the world come to life.
The setting was pretty and just a joy to look at even without anything major going on.
The characters grew and I can't name one that I didn't love seeing.
The acting was great for a movie like this and the movie is just so much more entertaining.
The different scenes are more entertaining and the plot is just grasped me into the movie so much.
This movie is also a really long movie but none the less it pulled me in like I was one of the dwarves with them.
I had so much fun with this movie and if I had the time, I would definitely see it again!
But nevermind all of that, let's get to the part where most people are interested in.
Smaug is voiced by Benedict Cumberbatch and I'm not really sure if the voice meant any difference but he is awesome.
Smaug is so cool!
He has a weird evil personality that makes you like him even though he is evil.
And also, he is just so cool looking!
You get a brief glimpse of him in the trailer but that is just a small part to the amazing him.
I was not disappointed and was actually satisfied with how he played out.
So what wasn't good?
The truth is, I can't say much.
Sure there are some things that annoyed me here and there like the short side stories to the movie.
I didn't like so much the romance between an elf and a dwarf.
I thought that it was less entertaining than the rest and only brought me out of the main story itself.
Also, one of the major disappointments of the movie was the path that Gandalf takes.
He does an entirely different thing in the movie and I didn't enjoy watching him as much when he was on screen.
Other than that I can't really say anything else bad about the movie.
Orlando Bloom is back and he's awesome!
So all in all, I can understand why sophisticated people and people who watch movies for the oscar features won't enjoy this movie.
But for anyone who just wants to have a fun entertaining ride, you should definitely pick up some tickets to see this movie as fast as you can!
Score=9.0

Bad Grandpa
Now I wasn't sure if to make this a full review or not, but in the end I decided not too.
This movie was super funny and made me forget all my problems.
I had a super fun and entertaining time and that's all this movie is trying to do.
The only reason I made this a shorter review is because I want get in these last reviews fast so I can start my top ten list soon.
The only reason I wanted to make it long though, was because I think this movie has a pretty good chance on making it onto that list.
Score=8.0

No comments:

Post a Comment