Wednesday, September 26

Movie Review: Trouble with the Curve

Basically the worst version of MoneyBall.

Rating: PG-13
Time: 111 min
Stars: Clint Eastwood, Amy Adams

So now we got cigar smoking, wrinkly faced, high pantsed all time classic actor (unfortunately) in another movie!
Lets see what this movie turns out to be!
The plot in this movie is that Eastwood is a kind of guy who spots out young baseball players to be in the big leagues, so he takes a trip to spot out this one rookie, just fact is that his eyesight is terrible!
So Amy Adams his daughter is there to make sure everything is fine.
This is one of those movies where the trailer makes it look really good but then it's NOT.
So know that I started writing about one of my disappointments in the movie, let me discuss all the others.
The characters in this movie are terrible.
I wasn't routing for anyone, you're supposed to be routing for Eastwood but how can route for a guy who's grumpy all the time and is kind of crazy!
Seriously, the guy talks to a chair!
But Amy Adams I also didn't like!
I mean she does her job well by being exactly like her dad (Eastwood) but in the movie I think your'e actually supposed to like her.
The thing that these two characters had in common were that they were both stubborn and both a downer.
And Justin Timberlake!
This guy is annoying because he's always there when there's a problem.
And to me, he just won't stop talking!
Seriously, ANNOYING!
The only guy I liked a little in this movie was John Goodman.
But I think that I speak for everyone, I've seen this guys character about a million times before.
The rookie that Eastwood is chasing is a butthead even though if he were real he would have pretty impressive baseball skills.
And in this movie there's always a problem, even a tiny problem until the last 3 minutes of the film.
And a point in this movie there's such a little thing but when it happens it is so obvious and it kind of tells you the ending.
But if you don't realize it, seriously?
And in this beginning of this movie there's this really scary black horse (or to me a really red donkey) coming straight at you and it doesn't have and words under it or anything so I'm still wondering if that was apart of the movie or a company supporting the movie.
But anyways now the good things.
There's this person in the movie that only really appears during the end.
He kind of makes the whole movie for me.
And I also liked the bad guys in this movie.
Well not really the bad guys but the guys who stay at the office doing research on the players and not really seeing them themselves.
Anyways I recommend this movie to anybody who likes Abraham Lincoln but only because he's a republican.
No offense to republicans except for Sarah Palin.
Score=5.0
P. S. And everyone else    

1 comment:

  1. Good review. There’s a pleasant feel to the whole movie, but it’s also a bit too predictable and obvious with where it goes and why. After awhile, I just started to get annoyed but still focused my attention on the great performances from everybody involved.

    ReplyDelete