Saturday, September 8

Movie Review: The Words


So a new movie with Mr. Handsome, and guess what, IT'S A DRAMA!

Rating: PG-13
Time: 96 min
Stars: Bradley Cooper, Zoe Saldana

This was practically 3 movies shoved into an hour and a half.
So the plot in this movie is that Bradley Cooper is a writer, but not a very successful one.
So he finds a manuscript that isn't his but publishes it.
And that's pretty much all you need to know right now.
Now lets get started on the things I liked about this movie.
The first third of the movie was amazing.
I was into it, the pacing was good and I was enjoying it.
Then Jeremy Irons appears in the movie and starts telling this whole story that's entertaining but way too long.
The scene in the park seems like it's half of the whole movie.
But then you know, it's not.
But I'm supposed to be talking about the things I liked in this movie.
The pacing in this movie is good you don't seem to get bored unless your a kid who says every single movie in the entire universe is simply... good.
I liked Bradley Cooper in the movie.
I thought his character was entertaining and he did his job well.
Although the person I seemed to have enjoyed the most in this movie was Zoe Saldana.
I thought her relationship with Bradley Cooper was great and I thought she did well in the movie.
But other then them everyone else seemed you know, ehh.
I liked the twists in this movie and the way things went.
I was surprised that the movie went places but to me I had seen it all before.
If anybody out there has seen the Broadway Play Other Desert Cities then you will recognize the ending of this movie and yo won't be that surprised.
Just a warning.
Now let me talk about the things readers are more interested in.
The bad stuff about this movie.
I thought that Olivia Wilde had no use in this movie whatsoever.
I thought that her role was in the movie because she was pretty girl and the director went "Ohh! Olivia Wilde! I think I can fit her in somewhere!"
And also the story with Dennis Quaid was just dumb.
They make things so stupid in this movie that it's just so dumb.
And Jeremy Irons in this movie, his reaction was so fake to the events that were happening in his life.
I mean he seams like he doesn't care that his ___ is being ____ by ______ _____.
And I don't like that there are practically 3 movies in this movie.
I don't like it when movies do that!
Even though this one did so good that I don't hate it.
And the ending to this movie can get a little confusing.
If you're a kid you probably will have to ask your parents about what the heck just happened in the ending.
And what the hack happened to _____ _______!
Did __ just magically disappear in the end!
It doesn't tell you anything about ___ in the end!
So __ just _____ and you never mention __ again?
Did you really just ruin _____ _____ for the whole movie?
Well whatever!
I recommend this movie to anybody who likes those 2 stories in one movies.
Example: This movie does that good and The Lorax is probably the worst movie in 2012 according to me.
And I also recommend this movie to anyone who likes Bradley Cooper.
Score=8.0

1 comment:

  1. OMG! Saw this movie last weekend (you know how movies come out later… sometimes much later here in Spain). Anyway, thought it was entertaining but not much more. I agree with you that the first third of it was fairly good but then it all became way too predictable for me. It didn't make me think.
    Now I'm off to find your review of Hope Springs which I just saw tonight (as I said, in Spain it's almost too late). Can't beleive you made it through that one alive!

    Love you Max,
    Auntie Marion

    ReplyDelete