Friday, October 12

Movie Review: Frankenweenie

You can make a lot of jokes with a movie called Frankenweenie.

Rating: PG
Time: 87 min
Stars: Catherine O'Hara, Martin Short

No literally, I can think of about a dozen jokes for that name.
Even though Frankendog doesn't sound as good.
The plot in this movie is that this kids dog dies and he brings him back to life.
Now that I'm done with the plot stuff let me talk about what was the good stuff in the movie.
This movie is totally Tim Burton.
It has that part of the movie where you feel good and then it gets kind of spooky and in the end it turns out to be a great movie.
The characters are great in this movie and they're all unique.
The graphics in this movie are amazing and the plot itself is amazing!
The plot is so well done and so interesting.
And it's probably one of Burtons best plots.
And the movie flows by so well, it doesn't get to slow or to fast.
And that's probably all for the good stuff.
You know the reason I'm not listing the jokes are because they're not appropriate.
You know if the movie is called Frankenweenie than maybe the dog should be a wiener dog.
I can imagine what that would be like.
It would probably be a comedy.
And it would probably be PG-13 because what movie has a wiener dog and not a whole lot of jokes.
Anyways this was definitely the best Tim Burton film f the year at least.
This compared to Dark Shadows is AMAZING!
Now what I didn't seem to like in this movie.
Some of the characters in this movie seemed distracting to the whole premise of the movie.
They seemed like they had their own movie and that they were distracting me from the plot and main story of the movie.
Especially that little creepy kid.
He was so creepy and he was making me a little "Get off the screen you little tiny weird midget KID!"
And the asian kid was so annoying.
He kept on making me confused and a little angry.
Another thing I didn't like was the ending to this movie.
The ending seemed weak and that they ran out of ideas.
And I know Tim Burton can make a better ending to the movie but instead chose the kid friendly way.
But still the movie was good.
So that's my post!
I hoped you liked it but I still can't stop thinking of the name Frankenweenie.
Frankenweenie.
Heh!
Anyways I would recommend this movie to anyone who can stand a black and white spooky movie.
Even though ParaNorman was more spooky.
Score=7.5

P.S. I will start putting bigger poster pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment