Saturday, December 15

Movie Review: Lincoln

I heard that every adult in the world absolutely loved this  movie.
I tried to act like them, think like them, but I can't!!
This movie was so boring!

Rating: PG-13
Time: 150 min
Stars: Daniel Day-Lewis, Sally Field

This movie was really long.
And it wasn't an action or a comedy, it was a drama.
And also it was based on a true historical moment so you already knew everything that was going to happen!
Sure there were some funny moments but most of it was long and boring to me.
I didn't know what Abe Lincoln was like before this movie.
Then I heard that Daniel Day-Lewis studied everything about Abe Lincoln and WOW!!
I did not imagine him like that.
Anyways the plot in this movie is that slavery's still legal and it's the end of the Civil War and Abe Lincoln wants to get rid of slavery and so many people disagree.
Anyways let's start off with what I did like about the movie.
The acting in this movie was amazing!!!
 Everyone was giving it all on the field.
I heard from everyone else that Daniel Day-Lewis did an amazing job as Lincoln and he did.
He will definitely be nominated for an Oscar for his performace.
And Sally Field also did an amazing job.
She made the movie seem a little more realistic and she will also be nominated for an Oscar as well.
But Tommy Lee Jones in this movie was great to me!!
He was the character that funny and smart at the same time, and when you're watching a movie like this you need someone like that to cheer it up.
Tommy Lee Jones was very funny in this movie no matter how scary his face looked!!
Another thing I liked was when in the times of the movie when it wasn't boring it was very interesting!
I was really into it and it sometimes felt like I was really there experiencing the moment in real life.
And in the scene where they're voting for the law even though I knew what was going to happen I was still biting my nails.
And for the people who like politics you'll be very interacted with the movie the whole time.
Either you'll be nodding your head or quietly clapping your hands.
And now the bad things.
As I said before this movie was SO BORING!!!
They had scenes where two men were talking quietly and calmly and then it was supposed to be important!
If you want to make something seem important don't act like two normal people talking to each other.
Sometimes I zoned out and just started thinking about other things and I was more interested.
And also as I said before this movie was long!!
I was wondering how much was longer 30 minutes into the movie.
And the movie was based on a historical event that probably everyone knows.
And even though I got to admit they did a pretty good film to everyone else about something that already happened, it just made me more bored.
The whole movie I was waiting for the part SPOILER ALERT (I GUESS?) when Lincoln gets shot in the head.
All that happens is that a man runs up on stage in a totally different theater and says, "The president's been shot!"
Anyways I would recommend this movie to anyone who likes politics. (NOT KIDS!)
Score=6.0

1 comment:

  1. Can't wait to see this movie (because I'm an adult) but I'm writing this to warn you not to see "Les Miserables". Just saw it tonight and although I really liked it; it was way too long. In addition, practically all the dialogue (99%) is sung. David was going to come with us and I'm so happy he decided not to because he would have died a painful death.

    Happy New Year, Max!
    Love you,
    Your Auntie Marion

    ReplyDelete