Sunday, December 2

Movie Review: Rise of the Guardians

Hold on a second, Santa Clause is Russian?

Rating: PG
Time: 97 min
Stars: Alec Baldwin, Hugh Jackman

I can imagine the Easter Bunny with an Australian accent, but who other then real Russians thinks that Santa Clause is Russian?
I just saw Life of Pi before I could get to this review so I'm not really into what I'm writing.
Anyways I'm going on a trip so the next movie will be Life of Pi but it will be a little delayed.
Anyways I'm reviewing this movie now so no more commotion and let's get right to it.
The plot in this movie is that there are these guardians who protect kids from bad things.
Anyways the Boogyman appears and he's like super powerful.
So the guardians have to stop him.
And now we got Rise of the Guardians.
Let's start off with the things that did work.
This movie is like the only movie coming out this Winter that's actually about Christmas.
Even though we got movies that are based in the Christmas season.
I would only call this a Christmas movie.
And I LOVE CHRISTMAS!
It's my favorite time of the year and my favorite holiday based movie genre.
So I came into this movie with a smile on my face.
The characters in this movie are all very funny and unique.
Santa Clause is this big dude who's very powerful but kind of clueless.
And he's also Russian which was fun to watch.
And the Easter Bunny was also very fun to watch.
He was very bossy and he thinks he's better then everyone.
And he has an Australian accent which is a giant bonus.
The Tooth Fairy, Jack Frost, The Sandman, The Boogyman and the other minor characters were also very fun and unique also.
Anyways another thing I liked about this movie was that each of these characters have like a tiny planet just for them and their holiday.
Santa Clause of course has the North Pole, but I mean like the Easter Bunny!
The Easter Bunny has the most awesome place ever!!
He has like these flowers that spit paint so that the eggs get colored.
AWESOME.
And the Tooth Fairy has her planet and of course the Boogyman had to have one.
Another thing I like about this movie was the scenery, you can't really find the scenes that they have in this movie in like any other movie.
The colors and the places that these things are is just amazing.
The fight scenes were good in this movie, they were cool, big and possibly I would even say epic.
And the humor in this movie was also good in a way.
It usually wasn't that funny to make a laugh but it made some chuckles.
And usually I wouldn't mention that in this movie but what was great about the humor was that it made you feel good.
Anyways what I didn't like about it.
Somewhere in the middle of the film the movie goes somewhere that I was surprised at and that I thought the movie wasn't and couldn't really go to.
Unfortunately I was right.
In the end of the movie that twist got ruined and thrown in the trash.
Another thing that I didn't like was how the kids reacted in this movie.
I thought that all the kids in the universe in this movie seemed a little how would you put it, impatient.
Of course they had to stop believing if the night you're tooth came out and you didn't get some prize.
The Tooth Fairy's right, she's superior to Santa because he delivers gifts to every kid one night per year, she does it everyday.
Anyways I would recommend this movie to anyone who loves Christmas.
Score= 8.0  

No comments:

Post a Comment