Tuesday, December 18

Movie Review: The Hobbit

Before I saw the movie I had no idea what the Hobbit was even going to be about.
I thought that it would be this hobbit who goes on an adventure.
But there's a whole lot more.

Rating: PG-13
Time: 169 min
Stars: Martin Freeman, Ian McKellen

This movie was filmed in 48fps, that's really awesome and I wanted to see the movie like that.
But my theater only had the normal 24fps so I guess I'll have to wait for another movie to see it like that.
Anyways I never read any of the Lord of the Rings books and I haven't read the Hobbit.
Even though I've seen all the movies.
And the Lord of the Rings movies I was a fan of!
And even though people are saying that this movie has it's flaws so they give it a lower grade, I really liked this movie.
I mean it was just so enjoyable!
But before we get into that, the plot.
The plot in this movie is that a long time ago this dragon took over the Dwarves town or village or something.
And so they have all their gold in there and they want it back so a group of Dwarves, Gandalf (a wizard) and Bilbo (a hobbit) go and try to get it back.
So let's start off with the good things about this movie.
As I said before this movie is really enjoyable.
The whole way through the movie I was really enjoying it and having a good time.
This movie is long, and you don't want to be stuck in a theater with a really long boring movie on.
Fortunately I wasn't.
I was into it the whole time and I never drowsed off like in other movies. (Lincoln)
Another great thing about this movie were the characters.
All the characters in this movie were really unique and really fun to watch in their own way.
Some were goofy, some were serious, some were wise and some were just clueless at moments.
All I know is that they were all funny.
And the action in this movie was awesome!!!
The little dwarves were stabbing people with their swords and it was so fun to watch!
And the humor in this movie was great.
It wasn't laugh out loud humor, it was mostly chuckle humor but it always made the movie a little more fun and bright.
And even though in the beginning of this movie nothing really that exciting is happening.
I liked the beginning because it really introduced the movie and it got me all happy for the rest of it.
Anyways now I've got to talk about the bad stuff.
In the movie there were a lot of characters.
And it seemed like all the characters had their one little part in the movie but it didn't seem like it was enough.
I felt like I wasn't that interacted with the characters in the movie.
I thought I would get 1 minute of them talking and then never hear them again for the rest of the movie.
And also in the movie it seemed like the story line would go off balance places.
It seemed like people were getting into fights and other things for no reason.
They probably mentioned it once in the movie why this thing that is happening is happening and then when the time comes when it's important you're totally clueless.
And there was one character in this movie that really disappointed me.
And it's name is Gollum.
In the past 3 movies I loved Gollum.
He was nice but evil at the same time and I really liked that.
But in this movie it seems like he's just evil and crazy.
If there's no back and forth between his bad side and his good side there's not really any thing special about him to me.
He just seemed like the mad annoying creature on screen.
I kind of wanted to move on whenever I saw him on screen.
Anyways in all i would recommend this movie to anyone who has read the books by J. R. R. Tolkien and anyone who loves fantasy.
Score=8.0

No comments:

Post a Comment