Wednesday, January 30

Movie Review: Broken City

BEFORE:
Introducing Russell Crowe who thank god is not singing in this movie!
Mark Wahlberg who's in great comedies but than again, this is not a comedy.
And Catherine Zeta-Jones who looks really scary and spooky in every trailer she's in!
This movie is gonna be epic!

AFTER:
It wasn't.

Rating: R
Time: 109 min
Stars: Mark Wahlberg, Russell Crowe

To tell you the truth, I love Mark Wahlberg.
I loved him in Ted and in The Other Guys.
He was awesome in The Fighter and also in Shooter.
I like him in almost every movie I see him in!
So when I finish this movie I'm disappointed to see and think that he did this badly.
But the truth is that this movie isn't an action movie, it's a thriller!
Before I thought there was no difference, but guess what I learned when I saw this movie???
There's a difference, and it's a big difference!
But let's stop the nonsense I'm writing and get to the movie itself.
So the plot in this movie is that Mark is to spy on Russel's wife Catherine and get proof that she is cheating.
But then again something big happens, there's a twist, someone gets fooled and the conclusion is weak.
But anyways... Let's get to the good stuff in the movie.
This movie can be intense at moments, which is good because once again I'm reviewing Broken City.
There are some moments where I really fell intrigued and that was good.
(Thinking back to it now, I can't really think of many good things in this movie if there's even any at all! Well beside that first thing I said.)
This movie can be a little smart and fun at moments but usually it's not.
Now the bad things in this movie because I can't think of anymore good things!!!
The acting in this movie is terrible!
I felt like everybody was either doing their part too much or too little.
Another thing in this movei is that it's completely absurd!
In some moments  don't believe anything that is happening.
And the score in this movie is so bad!
The mood and the tempo are way off timing bringing a happy scene into a sort of darkened mood.
Also the score is way too flashy!
It drags me away from the plot and the story because it's too loud and too of time.
And that brings me to another point!
The plot in this movie is weak with twists and turns that aren't served too well which makes me not care.
And the action sequences in this movie are terrible with not enough action.
I feel like they were cut way too short because everything that happens that's actually entertaining is probably less than a minute.
And at moments in this movie it feels way too long!
Sometimes I got bored in moments that I felt like I shouldn't have felt bored in.
And maybe not the the twists in this movie but the conclusion is super predictable!
I know exactly what's going to happen at the end.
WOW!
That's a pretty long bad list compared to the good list!
Anyways I'd recommend this movie to anyone who is willing to throw 10$ in a pool of acid.
Score=4.5

People's Top 10 Worst List of 2012
 #10 The Amazing Spiderman
This was such a bad ripoff of Spider Man.
You can't just change everything about Spider Man if you make a new movie!
And the whole reason this got so much popularity is because all the women love Andrew Garfield!!

#9 This Means War
I hated this movie from beginning to end.
It had terrible acting, terrible plot and terrible jokes which all together lead to #9 no duh!!!!

#8 Mirror Mirror
This movie was babyish and foolish.
It made Snow White look like a barbie doll.
The plot is terrible and so are the jokes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment