Tuesday, January 29

Movie Review: Les Miserables

So what I've been planning is to see all the movies that are nominated for best picture except for Django because my parents won't let me see it.
And I know I made that promise and stuff, and I know I only have Zero Dark Thirty and Amour to go but I don't think that I need to sit through this to know that I probably will be bored out of my mind.
Was I right (was this movie boring) or was I wrong? (this movies actually good.)
Anyways, you'll see!
P.S. Imagine this whole thing in song because if I made reviews on Youtube this would probably be sung.

Rating: PG-13
Time: 157 min
Stars: Hugh Jackman, Russel Crowe

I would appreciate this movie more if some of the songs they sung weren't so classical all the time.
I would also appreciate it if a whole sentence was actually spoken and not a word.
No but seriously, this movie is 99% sung and at moments it just gets on your last NERVE!
Especially when you know things don't need to be sung.
Like when two characters are talking to each other "Hey how was that sandwich you had!?!"
"Oh it was okay!!!"
Everything is like that literally!!
Anyways the whole plot of this movie is that this guy named Hugh Jackman is on the run from this other guy called Russel Crowe and then there's a love story involved and a child's involved and then Anne Hatheway's involved for like 30 minutes.
But anyways lets get to the good stuff.
This movie is beautiful!
It's colors are amazing and the setting is always beautiful and great.
This movie is also shot very well even though in some moments the actors are singing right into the camera and it's kind of akward.
Another thing that was great was the acting in this film.
It seemed like everyone was trying their best and they were constant in character the whole time.
Anne Hatheway had this moment in this movie where she goes below zero and it is just so well done on her part.
Also good were some of the scenes, some of the scenes had action and they were really entertaining even though those scenes were about 10-20% of the movie.
So now that we talked about some of the great things in the movie we gotta talk about what some of the flaws were.
As I said before, this movie is 99% sung!!
This at moments gets a little annoying and sometimes I'm too dragged out of the movie to hear the lyrics which are supposed to be important they say!
And some of the singers in this movie I'm not really big fans of! (Russel Crowe!!!!!!)
And this movie is too long to be a musical drama!
It is too long to be a mediocre movie in the first place!
I can stand it from amazing movies like The Dark Knight Rises, but from this!
This movie can also be really slow in moments.
When nothing too much is happening then I just zone out!
Also some moments where there's a twist, I feel like it's ruined because of the singing.
Something big happens in this movie and the person when they sing right before this happens their all mad when in the moment it's obvious you should be sad!
I guess it's just their personality that makes them mad.
Anyways unless you love musicals you shall stay away from this movie!
Score: 6.0

And now the moment you've all been waiting for...
People's Top 1 and 2 movies of 2012!!!!!

#2 Silver Linings Playbook

This movie was amazing and funny.
It had it's humor and it's drama which were both amazingly well combined!
Silver Linings Playbook is amazing, PERIOD.

#1 Moonrise Kingdom

And the crowd goes wild!!!!
This movie was just pure amazing!
It had great humor and a great everything!
It had Bruce Willis which is a bonus so this definitely number 1!!!!

Next post I will start counting off my 2012 worst list with 10-8.

1 comment:

  1. Hiya Max,
    Knew you were going to be bored out of your mind with this movie but you gotta admit that it was a pretty impressive production (which you did for the most part). Saw Silver Linings Playbook last weekend and LOVED it. Agree with you that it was one of the best this year. Zero Dark Thirty is very entertaining. Antonio, David and I all liked it a lot. Why are your parents letting you see this one but not Django? I must be missing something. Anyway trying to get all the movies in before the Oscars also!
    Love you,
    Aunt Marion

    ReplyDelete