Monday, March 18

Movie Review: The Incredible Burt Wonderstone

What the heck is wrong with Steve Carells hair in this movie?
I mean he puts on a long hair wig that makes him look bad.
Then when things are not performances he takes the wig off and still looks bad.
But anyways that doesn't matter...
Wait, does it?

Rating: PG-13
Time: 100 min
Stars: Steve Carell, Jim Carrey

To tell you the truth, I LOVE MAGIC!!!!
And I LOVE MAGIC MOVIES!!!
Now I know that it's all fake but that's what gets me!
I have no idea how the people who do the tricks do it!
And same with this movie.
I'm not actually sure if the tricks in this movie were real or even possible!
All I know is that if they were, they're pretty good!
The first trick that they do in the movie as adults.
The Hangman trick.
Well that trick would be so awesome if it were real!
Anyways though that's not the point.
The point is to talk about a movie.
Good or bad it is still a movie!
And I have to talk about it!
NO!
I will talk about it!!!!

So the plot in this film is that there's this pair of magicians (Steve Carell, Steve Buscemi) and so you know they do magic in Las Vegas.
And then there's this new guy on the street and they have to make up a new act that will bring the audience bak to them and possibly save their careers.
Anyways now that that part is over, let's get into the things that didn't suck about this movie!
First of all can I say that the actors and actresses in this movie are awesome!
The whole cast is awesome!
Steve Carell, Jim Carrey, Steve Buscemi, Alan Arkin, Olivia Wilde and on...
But even though they're an awesome cast we'll get into their performances later...
Anyways let me get back to topic.
This movie is funny.
They're throwing jokes at you the whole time and most of them are really funny.
The movie also has magic which I think I already mentioned, I LOVE!
But not also that but the villain in this movie I think is great too.
He's so outrageous and he does all of these stupid things that are so funny!
Also this movie can be highly entertaining at moments!
It is just such a fun time at times!
By the way, the entertainment category is a big category because probably the best thing to have in a movie is entertainment.
But onwards to the bad stuff!!!!
First of all I think that some of the performances in this movie are weak.
I think that they're just not giving it they're best!
Also I think that the end of the movie was bad.
The thing they do s just so dumb and it's also illegal!
It's an unrealistic ending and it's just not good.
And when something big happens Steve Buscemi's character gets boring to me!
I think that the relationship after the big thing between him and Carell is fake.
I NEED TO BELIEVE!!!!!
And just straight up he didn't do a good job.
But also at some moments I felt like the movie was going to a bad place like it was going somewhere that didn't seem like it was going to entertain me, but before they even got there they changed roads.
Which I guess in a way is sort of good.
I also have one other bad thing but since I have to spoil the movie I'll do it after the score.
Anyways this movie is good if you've just seen a whole bunch of dramas and you want to relax.
Score=6.5


SPOILER ALERT!!!!!!!!!!
Ok so what the other bad thing about this movie was that Olivia Wilde and Steve Carell kiss and make out.
And the weird thing about that is that Steve Carell is like about 50 years old and Olivia Wilde is around 30!!!
That's just plain sick!!
But anyways that's pretty much it.
BYE.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the review. Now I won't even bother to watch this on the plane.

    tqmcltat

    ReplyDelete