Thursday, May 2

Movie Review: Oblivion

TOM CRUISE!!!!
Finally we get another movie from the Cruise and this time it's... yeah.
Anyways, I'm starting to think this guys name is Jack.
What is this, his 1,000,000th movie with the name Jack.
Personally I think that Jack suits him better then Tom.
Oblivion, Jack Reacher, Legend...

Rating: PG-13
Time: 124 min
Director: Joseph Kosenski
Stars: Tom Cruise, Morgan Freeman

WHAT!!!
What am I watching here?
The world may never know.
Anyways what I mean by this is that this movie is meant for only two types of people.
Really smart people or really hippie, relaxed people.
This movie is so hard to follow!
That's why genius is one of the two people.
You have to be a genius to follow this movie and walk out knowing everything with no questions.
And than there's the hippy people.
They're on this list because I think they would enjoy this movie.
I think that they would have fun with it because supposedly they are supposed no listen to anyone or anything and also not care.
So they can not follow the plot and like the movie still.
Let me just say right here, right now, I am not in either of those two groups.
I actually don't want to be a hippy, so it's good that I'm not in that group.
As for the genius... I don't really think anyone's that smart to be in that group.
Anyways let's get on to the review.
So what was the plot?
I'm asking you.
I really have no idea.
I'll try to make it as clear as I can understand.
Tom Cruise... Morgan Freeman... Sci-Fi... Destroyed Earth.
That's it.
So what was good in the movie?
Well for starters the scenery in this movie is amazing!
The background and the setting is stunning and amazing.
And because of that, I also have to say that special effects in this movie are pretty awesome.
Not just the scenery but everything!
It was really well done.
Probably like the best I have seen all year.
And what else...
I thought Morgan Freeman did well in the movie even though I had a little problem with his character.
And at the end of this movie (I'M NOT GOING TO SPOIL ANYTHING) you know the big thing happens that happens at the end of every movie and I just have to say the last line is awesome!
It would've perfectly wrapped up the whole movie, but then they had to end the aftermath like thing.
But when the last big thing happens it is so awesome!
Especially the last line that Tom Cruise says.
So what was bad in this movie?
First of all I didn't understand the purpose of a lot of characters in this movie.
That and I thought that some were underused.
Especially Morgan Freeman.
I thought that his character was cool and they could've done a little more with it.
I think that the only reason Morgan Freeman is in this movie is to make $$$$$$$$$.
Also as I said before, the plot in this movie is terrible.
It was so confusing that I had to look it up on wiki.
It was so hard to follow and even at the ending I still had many unanswered questions.
Also I thought this movie would have more action.
It didn't have as much as I wanted or expected.
A lot of it was finding the truth.
And I thought it was longer than it should've been.
In the end this movie is good for people who don't want to think because then you have nothing to worry about.
Other than that I thought the movie was pretty entertaining and actually... pretty good?
Score=6.5

No comments:

Post a Comment