Wednesday, May 29

Movie Review: The Hangover Part III

The term "Hangover" means something.
It specifically means, disagreeable physical effects following heavy consumption of alcohol or the use of drugs.
So when you make a movie called The Hangover, the main plot should be a hangover.
HINT: This movie does not have a hangover.
The other two did have a hangover.
I think this should've been a spin off called No Hangover.
That probably would've been more clear.

Rating: R
Time: 100 min
Director: Todd Phillips
Stars: Bradley Cooper, Ed Helms

No but seriously, this movie doesn't have a hangover.
So anyways before I start to review I want to talk about something.
I know that a lot of people are hating on this movie.
They say it's bad.
They don't like it.
Well the truth is that this movie is sort of cornered into a trap.
For big serious reviewers and serious Hangover fans, you're going to have a problem with this movie.
When the first movie came out everyone loved it!
It was new, funny and SO GOOD!
Then the second one came out.
This is where it gets complicated.
People said that the second movie was a less funny repeat of the first movie.
But I would bet that if the second movie came out before the first one, people would have loved it as much as they loved the first.
Because it was new and unique.
Well that's where this movie was trapped.
If the third had been a hangover similar to the second and first, people would have been mad because there was nothing new and it was a less funny version of the first. (Like they said about the second one.)
But if it did what it did by not having a hangover at all and taking a new risk and a different approach then people would also be mad.
People are saying that this movie lost all of the greatness and uniqueness of the first and didn't even deserve its title.
And as you have just realized, there's no great anything for 50% of the people who watched this movie.
It's impossible for them!
Well I don't understand why other reviewers have to be so hard.
This movie was funny.
I liked it.
And those reviewers, they take everything so personally!
They seriously need to sit down and enjoy a movie for once in their life time.
I watch movies because I like too.
They watch movies because they like to complain.
There are still some reviewers that are cool.
But while I am writing this, there's one person I'm thinking of in general...
But he doesn't matter.
So let's get to the review!
The plot in this movie is that Chow steals millions of dollars from John Goodman, so Goodman kidnaps Justin Bartha and threatens to kill him unless the wolf-pack gets him Chow and his stolen money. 
So what was good in the movie?
Well as most of you must expect, it was really funny. 
It made me laugh a lot so I thought that it was really funny even though some others did not...
I loved this movie because of all the wild situations they get into.
I know it happens in all of the movies, but I love the whole time!
Also, I can say that this was a movie where I could just relax, watch and laugh.
It made me not worry about all the worries that I'm having, it made me enjoy the moment of which I was in.
I haven't seen a movie that took away all my worries, that I didn't have to think about and that I could just relax while watching and still have a good time in a really long time!
Last year a lot of comedies came out, some examples I have seen are "The Dictator", "Ted" and "21 Jump Street".
But none of those movies made feel as good and relaxed as this one did.
So in the end I can't really say that this movie was bad even though it had its flaws.
So what were those flaws?
First of all it seemed to me that some of the actors were sort of sleep walking during the film.
It seemed like they weren't very active or into what they were doing at all.
Also I thought that the movie was a little too off track at moments.
Sort of like it only did things for the money or the reference back to the old movies or something like that.
I'll give an example, this isn't a spoiler but if you're really annoyed by these things then you might not want to read this.
I don't know why not but I guess if that's you then that's you.
But it will be a spoiler for the first movie.
So the stripper that marries Ed Helms from the first movie is back.
She's only in the movie for a couple of minutes.
She's pretty much only in the movie for the reference to the first.
That's it.
End of sort-of-spoiler.
Anyhow, that's all for my review!
I think that the movie was funny and made me have such a great time!
If you can see it, see it.
Score=7.0

No comments:

Post a Comment