Wednesday, September 4

Movie Review: Planes

FROM THE WORLD OF CARS COMES... PLANES!!!!!
Next thing you know a movie will come out that's called BOATS!
And than maybe after that, possibly another movie called TRAINS!
And all from the world of CARS!!

Rating: PG
Time: 91 min
Stars: Dane Cook, Stacy Keach
Director: Klay Hall

So when Cars came out I was much much younger.
Of course I went to see it and of course I loved it.
Than years later the sequel came out.
It was... TERRIBLE!
Yeah so when this movie came out I was not sure if it was worth my time.
But then I decided from the trailer that they were trying to go back to the original Cars type of movie so yeah, I was now really excited.
Unfortunately right when I got back the movie had just left the closest theater to my house.
I thought it was kind of a drag to go to a movie theater that was farther away and more expensive but eventually it happened.
But I will say I never planned it.
I asked my brother if he wanted to go to the movie theater to see a movie and it just happened that he wanted to see that one.
So it all worked out and we watched happily ever after.
So the plot in the movie is that planes have a race all around the world.
The main character is racing in it and it just happens that he's afraid of heights.
WOOP DI DOO!
And now we have our movie!
So what was good in this movie?
First of all the movie was really colorful.
All the colors were really powerful towards the screen.
Also the colors sucked me into the movie a little more.
And as I mentioned before the movie plot is that the planes have to race all around the world.
So the culture is also very cool.
I liked visiting all these places and paying attention to them.
All the cultures were different and it made the movie that much better.
The characters were also all very unique.
All of them had their own touch and style.
And even better they were all from different countries.
They all added to the movie a little more.
Even if they only had couple of lines.
All of these contributed to the movie being good but the thing that made this movie good was that it just made me feel good.
I don't think I have seen a movie that has truly made me feel good in a long time.
And this one did.
I went with my brother to see this movie and even though I'm having some problems with going back to school and that, this movie let me relax and just enjoy.
So what wasn't so great in this kids film.
First of all, the movie super predictable.
You know everything that's going to happen and you're always right!
It is also very cliche and maybe even cheesy.
The ending is one of those endings that happens in almost every children movie.
That's pretty much it but both of those things are pretty big factors of a movie.
So all in all, the movie is nothing new or special and I only recommend it to people if you are a kid or if you have a kid who really wants to see it.
Other than that, what's the point?
Score=6.5

No comments:

Post a Comment