Wednesday, August 28

Movie Review: Lee Daniels' The Butler

You know what I experienced from this movie.
Somebody else's perspective.
When I experienced Obama win the election in 2008 I was glad because he was the guy I wanted to win the whole time!
But seeing this movie, I realize, he was much more than the guy who I was glad won to many other people.
VIVA LAS VEGAS!

Rating: PG-13
Time: 132 min
Director: Lee Daniels
Stars: Forest Whitaker, Oprah Winfrey

Personally now, I don't think anyone likes to serve people that are richer than you.
I don't even like two serve my brother.
So how can one man serve the whole White House with only a couple of other men and not just give up and basically say "I've had enough, I'm out"
Well first of all, this is a huge opportunity serving the White House.
You get to make friends with the presidents and they treat you well for a butler.
Second of all, they won't pay you much because back then African Americans didn't get payed that well, but at least they'll pay you more than most places. (I think.)
And third of all is because you get to listen into all their highly classified meetings.
And if they like you, they might ask you an opinion of what they're doing.
And if they like what you say then you might start something bigger than ever!!!
But probably not.
So the plot in the movie is that this man is a butler for the White House.
So it's pretty much about his life and how he was awesome.
So what was good in the movie?
The acting was phenomenal!
Everyone was amazing and really gave a great performance.
I felt like everyone was giving it their all.
To tell you the truth, so far this is probably the movie that would be nominated.
I don't know why it's showing in August because I believe that if this movie was showing in November/December it could actually get nominated.
But then again Beasts of the Southern Wild was nominated and that came out before The Butler.
Anyhow I also thought that the movie moved at a perfect pace not slowing down on anything or speeding up.
I also think that the movie wasn't boring at all.
It was a true story biography that wasn't boring.
But then again I can't tell you the last time I saw a boring terrible biography. (Jobs.)
The humor was great too.
I thought that they put just the right amount and didn't make the movie too serious or too silly.
It was the perfect combination for a movie like this.
Mostly serious but with a couple of chuckles in some places.
The story was also very fulfilling.
And the end of the movie I had about one last question.
But the question was simple and that was it.
I typed into Google and I got my answer.
So what wasn't so great in the film?
First of all I thought that some of the roles of the film sort of weird.
For example, I thought that the person who portrayed John F. Kennedy didn't seem like he was actually John F. Kennedy.
Also I thought the movie was sometimes confused with itself at moments.
It was a very long time to fit into 2 hours which made it seem a little weird and strange when big things happened.
It's like so much is happening in two hours that the movie doesn't really have time to relax and enjoy the moment it's in.
Right after one big thing happens, another big thing happens seconds after it.
It doesn't leave you time to think.
Anyhow other then that the movie was phenomenal and I really hope that it makes a nomination of some kind because it deserves it.
Score=8.0

1 comment:

  1. Loved the movie and loved your review!!! Can't wait to read what you have to say about Blue Jasmine.
    Love you,
    Marion

    ReplyDelete