Sunday, June 9

Movie Review: Epic

I am ashamed of myself.
I saw this movie May 25th and writing this review now.
I'm not EPIC.
But that doesn't matter.
What matters is EPIC!!
SO WAS IT EPIC?
IT SURE HAD THE GUTS TO CALL ITSELF THAT!
LETS SEE IF IT LIVED UP TO ITS NAME!!
NEXT ON...

Rating: PG
Time: 102 min
Director: Chris Wedge
Stars: Colin Farrell, Josh Hutcherson

Why was this movie named Epic?
I don't know why it called itself Epic.
You have to be a really good movie to call yourself Epic.
If I could've called a movie Epic, it would be like Attack the Block or The Dark Knight, ect.
But this movie believed in itself and decided to go with the name Epic.
It must've been too proud of itself because if I named it, it would be called Regular.
But of course it went with the name Epic.
I have nothing else to mention.
I always try to make the beginning part of my reviews long so that my review in general is long, but I really have nothing else to say.
SO LET'S GET TO THE REVIEW!!
The plot is pretty straight forward in the movie, you have the evil bad guy who wants to destroy the forest and then this normal girl turns small and has to stop him.
It's really that simple.
Now before I get into what was good, I have to say this movie was pretty normal.
It was a basic tale so instead of what was good, I'm gonna do what was normal.
So what was normal?
You have that same tale where the chosen one has to stop the evil villain.
You have all these amazing celebrities in the movie which was good.
And there were some funny chuckles in there.
The character I liked most was Aziz Ansari.
He was the fat funny slug in the movie.
I didn't know he was going to be the slug until I saw the movie, so when I saw the trailer, I thought he was a girl.
I don't know why, but his only line in the trailer is "HEY BABY GIRL" and it sounded like a woman was saying it.
The other characters were normal.
The princess, the general, the bad guy, the rebel, the crack ups, the girl who just wants to go home and her psychopath father.
All pretty normal.
So what wasn't good in the movie?
First of all this movie was SO PREDICTABLE!
Since the movie had a very old formula it was so obvious what was going to happen.
I also thought that at some moments it got to silly for it to be true.
And I know that the movie was supposed to be for kids, but sometimes it just crossed the line.
Also I felt like that some parts of the movie didn't really matter at all.
Actually I didn't eve know what the point was of Pitbull int the movie.
I felt like the movie could have done the things that he did in the movie in a different way.
So all in all, the movie had a really old formula that was super predictable.
It was fun sometimes but it wasn't anything new or worth seeing.
Score=4.5

No comments:

Post a Comment