Monday, April 22

Movie Review: 42

I've never liked the Phillies.
I've never liked them at all.
This movie doesn't make it better.
At all.
Actually the Phillies suck.
Period.

Rating: PG-13
Time: 128 min
Director: Brian Helgeland
Stars: Chadwick Boseman, Harrison Ford

P.S. No offense if you like the Phillies.
It's just that they never passed my mind.
But now, because I saw this movie...
I HATE THE PHILLIES!!!!
And if you like the Phillies and you saw this movie.
Come on...
You've got to like them a little less.
And if none of this relates to you, if you don't even know Jackie Robinson then walk away.
By the way, since this is neither good or bad I should probably mention this now.
Harrison Fords voice in this film is so... strange.
What I mean is that it's really weird.
But not in the high pitch or unique way.
It's more scraggly and deep.
I just don't see Harrison Ford with that voice.
I think that if he had his normal voice it would sound strange, but this voice doesn't make it much better.
So what was the plot in this movie?
The plot is that there's a new player to baseball.
But he's different from the others.
He's Jackie Robinson.
He's the first African American man to play baseball and he's going to kick some-
So what was good?
First of all, the acting.
The acting wasn't amazing but it was pretty good.
It would probably be over 50% so it's on the better side.
Also the villain in this movie sucks.
It makes you hate them!
But I guess that's good because for a good movie you need to have a good villain that's just terrible in every way possible.
The villain is the Phillies.
ANYWAYS, some of the scenes in this movie were pretty awesome.
The baseball scenes were probably the best.
They were so well filmed with no shaky camera or anything!
They were really fun to watch and it made the rest of the film much more exciting and better.
I'm not saying that the other scenes were terrible, I'm just saying that they were usually dramaish.
And there's one more element to this movie that most movies don't have.
This movie is a true story.
It's about a real person at a real time.
And not so much, but enough movies say that they're based on a true story.
But what this movie has that the others don't is that this film gets you interested.
But not while you're watching it.
After.
Now I know that there are films like Argo that are really amazing and win Best Picture.
And I also know that there are terrible true story movies like the one that's coming out on Friday.
It's called Pain and Gain, and even though how much I want to see it, it's going to suck.
Mostly because of Michael Bay.
A little bit from Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson.
But anyways, this movie had something those other two movies didn't.
This is my opinion, but this movie intrigued me to learn more about Jackie Robinson.
The way his character was in this movie made me question if he really was like that.
Eventually I never actually researched him because you know... stuff happened... busy... ect.
But my point is, Argo and bad true story movies like the upcoming Pain and Gain or Pearl Harbor (which was also directed by Michael Bay and sucked) didn't do that to me.
So what was bad.
Not much.
I thought that in moments the movie got too cartoony.
I also thought they should've shown more scenes on the ball field because those were the best moments.
And the last bad thing to me in this movie was the ending.
I thought the ending was unfulfilling and even a little bit cheesy.
I guess you have to watch it for yourself and decide if you agree with me or not.
In the end, this movie on the mostly on the better side.
It had it's flaws but wasn't absolutely terrible.
Score=7.0

No comments:

Post a Comment