Monday, April 1

Movie Review: Admission

If you're someone who is really involved in colleges then I have a piece of advice for you.
DON'T SEE THIS MOVIE!!!
It will break your heart and your dreams.
How do I know this you might ask.
Well it did that exact thing to me.

Rating: PG-13
Time: 107 min
Stars: Tina Fey, Paul Rudd

So instead of this movie I could have gone and seen something else that might have been better or more entertaining.
As you can see on my blog, I have not yet seen or reviewed The Croods or GI Joe Retaliation.
Well I had the chance to see those movies but NOOOOOOO!!!!
Instead I chose to see whatever this is.
And to tell you the truth I was kind of excited to see this movie.
It had some really funny actors like Tina Fey who I thought did well with Amy Poehler at the Golden Globes.
And also Paul Rudd is in this movie who is a comedy genius in films like Anchorman and other stuff...
So what makes this movie so not awesome?
Well to tell you the truth I don't know.
Although I do have a theory that it's so bad because of the plot.
The plot made it personal for the film and scary for viewers like me.
If it were just a comedy I think it would have been better.
But I'll get into that later.
For now, here is the plot.
So there's this women who chooses who gets to get into Princeton College.
So her life is going fine until she suspects a kid to be her child who she aborted when she was much younger.
So that kid wants to go to Princeton and she wants to take care of that kid.
And then other stuff happens and blah, blah, blah, movie over.
But anyways let's get into the good things about this movie.
This movie went by really fast.
Some people might wonder why that's a good thing and I'll tell you why.
If something is fun and/or entertaining it goes by really fast.
So I sort of guess that this movie was some entertaining.
Another thing that was good in this movie is that it goes to places I didn't think it would.
All I'll say is that this movie can be predictable but not in the way you think.
And also the side story with Paul Rudd and his son is good.
It has a different plot but it gives the two characters more importance to me the viewer.
So what did not work?
The way this movie goes into big moments is terrible.
I mean they do big things in a small thing way.
And also I think that some of the scenes or transitions don't make sense.
It's hard to explain but like in the beginning of the movie Paul Rudd calls Tina Fey to ask her to visit his campus and she totally just ignores him pretends not to care.
But then she goes and I think there could have been more to it.
And the performances in this movie are also pretty dull.
I think that Paul Rudd and Tina Fey were just not giving a great performance.
Especially from Paul Rudd.
I was disappointed in him.
And the humor in this movie was also not that amazing.
I might have chuckled once or twice but no more.
But then again I think this movie was trying to accomplish the role of being a Dramedy with extra drama.
But even then it failed.
All in all, this movie is not the best movie in the world.
I think everyone would be better off just seeing something else.
Score=4.5

No comments:

Post a Comment