Saturday, April 20

Movie Review: Spring Breakers

WHAT!!!??
What is a kid doing in a movie like this??
This is an outrage!!!
And I totally agree.
What is a kid doing in a movie that sucked?
The world may never know...

Rating: R
Time: 94 min
Director: Harmony Korine
Stars: Selena Gomez, James Franco

You see what I did?
I started putting director!
I thought that they should deserve some recognition too.
Anways, why did I spend money on a movie that sucked?
I didn't!
The trailer of the movie looked good, and I couldn't wait to see all of these Disney princesses go wild!
Also James Franco!
But you know, I wasn't allowed to see it.
So for my birthday after months of asking my family if I could see it, my family surprised me on my birthday and took me to see it.
I saw 3/4 before we were all disgusted and left the theater.
And I know most people are like, "He can't review it if he didn't see it all!"
The truth is, that I saw most of it, and read the about the other 4th on Wiki.
I was sad though.
The movie sucked.
Even though there were some things that were good.
But I guess I'll explain all of that later.
So what was the plot in this movie?
The plot is that there are these insane girls with one good one that go to spring break together.
I think they went to spring break in Florida so anyways while there they get arrested.
James Franco, a rapper, drug dealer, insane dude bails them out and then they get into all kinds of trouble and messed up stuff.
BTW!!!
Before we start the review, I just have to mention on last thing.
Besides us, in theater there were only two other people.
When we got outside it was pouring so waited around for a couple of minutes.
5 minutes later those two people came out as well.
Spring Breakers=FAIL!!!!!
So what was good in this movie?
The acting was amazing!!!
James Franco was playing a role it seemed he had played millions of times before and he was amazing!
If James Franco wasn't in this role I would say that he would've been terrible in the role.
But now that I see him I can't think of another person who could've done it any better!!
He sold it and was probably the best thing of the whole film to me.
Also, this movie is unpredictable!
I had no idea where it was going and what it was doing.
Sometimes the way it was going was good, but other times...
And I wasn't sure if these Disney Princesses were going to do well or bad.
But Vanessa Hudgens is not a Disney Princess anymore!!!
Selena Gomez doesn't go that far though.
BUT EVERYBODY ELSE!!!!!
JESUS!!!
BTW.
That wasn't a good or bad thing.
Normal...
So what was bad in this movie?
The repetitiveness!
In this movie, they show the same thing over and over again!!
And over and over and over again.
And over and over again.
And over again.
And over.
And it is annoying!!
I've seen that scene before so why do they show it over and over again!!!
I DON'T KNOW!!!!!
Also the editing was bad.
I thought they cut a scene right before you could breathe it all in.
And this is a heavy movie!
You need time!
Also, the first half of this movie is spring break and only spring break.
Maybe that's a lie but most of it is spring break.
Just booze, boobs and drugs.
In the end this movie is very messed up.
It was also very bad besides the acting which was good but bad because the characters are interesting but just bad people that relate to the fact that this movie is messed up.
Score=3.5

No comments:

Post a Comment