Thursday, April 4

Movie Review: The Croods

So Dreamworks is all of a sudden awesome.
WHAT HAPPENED TO YOU PIXAR!!!!???
No but seriously, somethings strange here.
When has Dreamworks ever been better than Pixar?

Rating: PG
Time: 98 min
Stars: Nicholas Cage, Emma Stone

By the way, the intro to this post was terrible.
It was misleading so I'll clear it up for you.
I'm not saying that this movie was amazing or anything.
I'm saying that Pixar sucks.
They were good and now their bad.
The Croods was definitely not perfect.
It had it's flaws which I will explain later.
But anyways I just wanted to get that cleared up.
Anyways...
I COULD HAVE SEEN G.I. JOE!!!!!
I SHOULD HAVE SEEN G.I. JOE!!!
NOW THAT I HAVEN'T SEEN IT, MY DUMB FRIENDS SPOILED IT FOR ME!!!!
I KNOW EVERYTHING THAT HAPPENS!
WWWWWWWAAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!
:(
But that's not the point, let's get to the review...
So the plot in this movie is that there is this family of cavemen that have lived in high boredom.
They don't ever leave their cave, and their always so... over protective.
Anyways the worlds ending and they have to find a way to survive it.
So what was good about this movie?
This movie is very beautiful.
What I mean is that all the colors are so great!
The scenarios are also great.
And even though we all saw a little of it in the trailer I want to explain it to you.
People are saying "it's the cartoon version of avatar."
And another thing that I didn't expect in this movie was the animals.
I thought this movie would be normal and real.
IT'S NOT!!!!!
The animals are mixtures of different animals.
There are trees that glow!
There are huge plants that kill!!!
And another thing in this movie is that the worlds supposed to be ending and it looks like it!
It doesn't look like the continents are splitting and the worlds only cracking.
It looks like the whole thing is turning to ashes!
And it is also very good art.
WOW!
Everything I said had to do with the view and art in the movie.
Well, almost everything.
So what was bad about the movie?
The first half of this movie STINKS!!!!
And I'll tell you why!
In the first half of the movie, the characters are SSSSOOOO annoying!!!
I could barely stand them!
I was seriously about to walk out of the door when I heard Emma Stone.
Her character was so ANNOYING!
Another bad thing about this movie was the appearance.
I mean the person who created the characters appearance did it terribly!
All the characters look ugly and are hard to look at!
Well not all of them, just the two main characters.
You know, the people you see the most on screen.
And can I just mention that Nicholas Cage doesn't even try to make his voice different in a cartoon.
If I was deaf I would know it was him!
So all in all this movie had very good visuals but very annoying characters and looks.
But in the end I have to say the movie was mostly enjoyable and fun for anybody.
Score=7.0

No comments:

Post a Comment