Saturday, December 28

Movie Review: Anchorman 2

They're back once again to make me laugh and read me the news.
You don't know how long I have been anticipating this movie.
 I could not wait, and now that wait is over.

Rating: PG-13
Time: 119 min
Director: Adam McKay
Stars: Will Ferrell, Paul Rudd

The movie I have been waiting forever for and now I have officially seen it.
So the plot in this movie is that Will Ferrell and the crew are back once again to head out to New York and once again, read the news.
It's also about the origin of the different types of news stories.
So what was good?
First off, as I expected, this movie was super funny.
I was laughing my head off to almost all the jokes and only some rare few fell flat.
It was great to see the characters and the crew back in action once again and that also just made the experience better for me.
Also, I think that Steve Carells character was used much better in this movie because the writers found out how much we loved him.
He had a much better personal story with Kristen Wiig and just had more moments to shine which he in fact, did.
The secret cameos to this movie were also very exciting and funny.
I knew almost everyone with a secret cameo and it was so fun and cool to see them especially when I wasn't expecting it.
I could say that the acting was good, but the movie was made for fun so if I did, than it would just be strange to.
I thought that even though this movie is made to make you laugh, it had way more heart than the first one and that was great.
Paul Rudd and David Koechner were also super awesome and it was really fun to see them once again.
So what wasn't so good?
First off, to get straight to it, I thought that Kristen Wiigs character wasn't so fun.
I thought that Brick was really funny but that she unfortunately just fell flat.
She didn't make me laugh or even chuckle which is a shame because I really did like her when she used to be on SNL.
I thought that the ending of this movie also wasn't done well.
I think that because I thought it ended very suddenly and left me with some questions.
I think that at least it should've done a moment after the movie where they say in words what happens next to the characters or an extra added scene at the end of the credits.
Christina Applegate was fine in the movie but I never really liked her role in the first one and my mind didn't change for this one.
All in all, the movie was funny and entertaining, but unless you need some cheering up, there's no problem skipping it.
Score=7.0

The Family
A dark comedy staring Robert De Niro and it is executed well.
It's sure of itself and nothing else and supplies what it needs to supply.
It has a perfect mixture of comedy and dark and adds a little extra action for you as well.
Entertaining and great movie to rent and watch at home.
Score=7.5

Red 2
This movie was insanely action filled which made it so fun to watch.
It had it's moments with comedy and some were done well.
The pacing could've sped up though and the score didn't help much.
Doesn't matter if you skip it but if you are truly bored than maybe you should rent this.
Score=6.5

No comments:

Post a Comment