Sunday, December 29

Movie Review: Gravity

OH NO, I'M STUCK IN SPACE!!
HOW WILL I ESCAPE?
WILL I DIE??
SOMEONE, HELP, SOMEONE, PLEASE SAVE ME!!

Rating: PG-13
Time: 91 min
Director: Alfonso Cauron
Stars: Sandra Bullock, George Clooney

The truth about this movie is that I've saw it a really long time ago.
I actually don't think it's in any theaters anymore.
Anyway, the reason I still wanted to review it fully instead of a short summary was because I feel like it was really good and that I should explain it to people in more detail.
That and also because it's been appearing on many people's top 10 lists and I want it to be included in mine.
Anyway to get straight to the review...
So the plot in this movie is that George Clooney and Sandra Bullock go up into space to do some boring thing that no one really cares about.
Anyway something goes wrong and soon enough they're stranded out there with limited oxygen and no way to get back down to Earth.
So what was good?
This movie was amazing.
I know I have to explain why and the different reasons to bring me to that choice, but the truth is, this movie's amazing.
So, here's why...
First off, this movies special effects were amazing!
They were so vivid and detailed that made me feel like I was right in the moment.
The movie's totally going to be nominated for its effects.
The acting from Sandra Bullock and George Clooney is also amazing.
A lot of movies have great special effects but with it not great acting.
This movie supplied both of the things and made the experience only more live for me.
The truth is, Alfonso Cuaron directed this movie brilliantly.
The effects, the acting and the feel of the movie.
That reminds me of another point, the soundtrack and score for this movie is crazy good and genius at the same time.
There is no sound while watching this movie.
Whenever there's something huge and explosive, all you hear is other people eating popcorn and biting their nails.
The movie is also super suspenseful and the plot takes turns and moves that are awesome and unexpected.
It's also a short movie which is a bonus because no one really likes to sit in a movie theater for that long.
So what wasn't so good?
Truthfully I can't think of any reason why this movie was bad.
This movie was actually amazing!
So all in all, this movie was amazing at it will definitely be making an appearence on my top 10 list I'll do in a week or two or so.
Score=9.0

Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2
This movies plot was crazy and stupid and really childish.
The movie was colorful and intriguing but the results were just horrible.
The first movie was much better because this one was just outrageous.
The movie was executed badly but it was sort of entertaining in a cute way.
Score=5.5

Movie 43
The movie was barely entertaining.
It was offensive, disgusting, and not funny.
The movie's shorts were barely watchable and I was almost forced to walk away.
Somehow I didn't and now I regret my choice for this movie has just stolen 2 hours of my precious life.
Score=2.5

1 comment:

  1. Happy New Year, Max!!
    You've been busy!! Hadn't checked your blog lately cause I'd kind of gotten out of the habit. So I had a nice surprise this afternoon! Can't wait to see American Hustle (although I know you were all a little disappointed with it). We were very disappointed with the new Cohen brother movie (Lleweln bla bla). Is your mamma going to let you see 12 yrs. of Slavery? It's awesome; the best movie I've seen in quite a long time.
    Love and miss you a ton,
    Marion

    ReplyDelete