Sunday, December 22

Movie Review: Dallas Buyers Club

Matthew McConaughey is a drug dealer in this movie.
He deals drugs that are not approved but actually help people be cured of AIDS.
So he's the good type of drug dealer.
Interesting...

Rating: R
Time: 117 min
Director: Jean-Marc Vallée
Stars: Matthew McConaughey, Jennifer Garner

OH NO, IT HAPPENED AGAIN!!!
Once again to my readers, I'm sorry that I have not posted something in a really long time and I'm sorry to have kept you waiting.
I understand that I need to get on top of it, now more than ever.
The end of the year is coming and if I don't review all of the movies I've seen in time than my 2013 best and worst list can't and won't be complete.
But if it does ever come to that... I will just have to use the ones I have already reviewed and not the ones I haven't.
The worst part of that though is that it's Oscar Season.
I HAVE TO REVIEW MORE!!!
Anyway since I have way more to review, these reviews will be a little shorter.
So the plot in this movie is that Matthew McConaughey is diagnosed with AIDS.
The hospital gives him medicine but it doesn't help so he goes places around the world to get not approved, but better medication.
Eventually he decides he want's to help others and gain a little cash so he buys a lot and starts selling it to other people.
This is the true story of the Dallas Buyers Club.
 So what was good?
The acting was phenomenal!!
Matthew McConaughey performed so well!
It was probably one of the best performances I've seen in a while.
Also, Jared Leto was amazing!
His character was portrayed so well and his character was undeniably the best one in the whole movie.
Now I could say Jennifer Garner did great too, but then I'd just be lying.
Truthfully, Jennifer Garner had one good moment, nothing more.
Also the story was incredible and really interesting.
The way things played out was really cool and I liked how the director decided to show things these ways that were really interesting.
So what wasn't that good?
First off, as I said before, Jennifer Garner is never good in movies.
Her characters aren't good, the way she portrays them aren't good and her acting is just not good.
Whenever I see her on screen I just want shoot her in the head because she's that annoying.
Also the soundtrack for this film I thought was not that great.
The music wasn't always the best and the sounds were terrible which made it obvious to the viewer that they were not natural but edited in.
Also, the movie did get pretty slow at times.
This was the first time in a long time where I looked at my phone to see how much was longer.
The movie wasn't predictable and the ending was done well but the middle parts and the conversations were just not paced fast enough for me to get into the groove.
It got me here but lost me there, and it went on like that for a while.
So all in all the movie was pretty slow for a child but I'd recommend this for more artistic adults who have a little more patience than me.
Score=7.0

Kick Ass 2
This movie was funny and action filled!
Sure it's ridiculous but super entertaining.
The story is also very stupid but all equals up to a really fun time.
Score=7.5

Grown Ups 2
This movie has no plot and is incredibly stupid.
There are barely any chuckles and it's basically just a horrible movie.
Adam Sandler has just gotten terrible.
Why can't he just make movies like he used to like Big Daddy and Happy Gilmore.
Score=4.0

No comments:

Post a Comment