Friday, December 6

Movie Review: The Hunger Games: Catching Fire

So I hated the first book.
I hated the first movie.
I might as of well think going into this movie that it would also suck.
So you know I did.
Turns out that it was...
READ MORE TO FIND OUT!!!

Rating: PG-13
Time: 146 min
Stars: Jennifer Lawrence, Josh Hutcherson
Director: Francis Lawrence

So I did it again.
I haven't been posting in a really long time again.
I really do suck though.
Anyway since I have way too many movies to review, and I also promised to review movies that came out in July that I missed I will in each review, do 3.
Sure the second 2 at the end won't even really be reviews but just short opinions.
So the plot in this movie is that now ever since the 74th Hunger Games, people are starting to rebel against the capital.
So to get rid of their influence (Katniss Everdeen) the president makes a 75th special Hunger Games where 24 of the previous winners will once again try to kill each other.
So what was good?
First off this one was so much better than the first movie.
The acting was much better.
I actually felt like people were trying, probably because they finally realized that Twilight was not good so they stopped trying to be like it.
The new characters I thought were also much better.
They were so much more interesting and much better developed.
The plot was also much much better.
It actually had a purpose and much more meaning than the last one where it was just pointless killing of kids.
The special effects were amazing and added even more to the story.
The truth is that this movie was so cool!
It looked awesome and it made me feel awesome probably because it was a good movie.
Also there's a character in this movie named Finnick.
When I first met him I thought he would be a terrible character that would be annoying and ruin the movie.
He turned out to be my favorite character!
He had a great personality and even though I thought he would do this he didn't and that made me happy.
So what wasn't good.
First off I thought that some characters weren't used to their greatest extent.
Also sometimes it got way too over dramatic.
It felt fake to me and weak as well.
But other than that the movie was good.
So all in all definitely better than the first and actually a good movie in general.
Score=8.0

Blue Jasmine
The acting was amazing.
The story and growth of the character was great.
Even though I hated the previous Woody Allen movie I saw this movie made up for it.
The characters were great and very realistic and entertaining.
Score=8.0

The Heat
There was so much potential in this movie but it unfortunately fell flat.
It only supplied me with a couple of laughs.
The chemistry was good but the story not so much.
I really wished that it would've been better but it just wasn't.
Score=6.0

1 comment:

  1. Andrea and I saw the 2nd Hunger Games movie yesterday. She's read all the books, I've read none of them. I saw the first movie with her also. I liked this one better also, especially the way it ended! You already know that I loved Blue Jasmine, so agree with everything you wrote.
    Love and miss you,
    Marion

    ReplyDelete