Friday, December 27

Movie Review: Frozen

One of the if not the last animation movie of the year.
Wreck-It-Ralph was great, this will be too, right?

Rating: PG
Time: 102 min
Director: Chris Buck, Jennifer Lee
Stars: Kristen Bell, Josh Gad

I know that at the beginning of every review that I rabble about some nonsense but since I have a lot of reviews to do, I have no time to do so.
Instead I will get straight to the review.
BTW, just before we start, I was sitting next to girl who had fallen asleep and started snoring like crazy.
So the plot in the movie is that there is this princess who's sister has froze the entire village so she goes to find her to hope to find the cure of the eternal snow.
So what was good in this movie?
Personally this movie I have to admit out of all the animations of the year is one of the best.
The color and setting of the atmosphere and situation was much more surprisingly vivid than I had thought.
It's really hard to do that, especially when the atmosphere is covered in white snow.
The characters all had personality and this unique attribute to them that made me as the viewer connect more.
I was intrigued by the turns and twists of the story.
This is actually what surprised me most though, this movie had twists that I would have never expected from a kids movie like this.
The songs were sort of good even though I am not the biggest fan of musicals.
The humor in this movie was also very well done.
The main comedic character of the movie which is a talking snowman I thought really contributed to the movie as a whole making it more appealing to me and others.
Even though some of his jokes were somewhat childish, I think that really everyone can understand and laugh at them.
I truly thought after seeing the trailer that he was not going to be that great, but I was ultimately proved wrong when he started singing about what he was going to do when the summer came.
So what wasn't so good?
First off, when coming into this movie I wasn't actually aware that it would be a musical.
Turns out it was and that caught me off-guard.
I personally don't like musical movies so I wasn't so pleased when I had to sit through all of their numbers.
Also, I now see that I am getting older and am less appealed to these type of animation kid movies.
The movie did not grasp my attention which I understand because I do not think the movie was intended for me.
That and also because I was sitting next to a little girl who fell asleep and started snoring.
The movie only did not get the higher grade it could because I was distracted and am starting to realize my age unfortunately.
But this will not mean I don't enjoy them at all.
I still do, just a little less.
Score=7.0

The Spectacular Now
This movie was a nice love story which was interesting but not special.
I'm not saying it was bad but there was just nothing new to the eye and nothing really unique about the movie.
The acting was fine but who really cares if you missed it.
Score=6.5

Turbo
Fun snail movie that was much better than I had expected.
I'm actually surprised that people didn't like this movie that much.
I thought it was interesting and entertaining.
Score=7.0

No comments:

Post a Comment