Saturday, June 23

Movie Review: Brave


The first Pixar movie with a heroin. Lets get to it!

Rating: PG
Time: 100 min

If you have read any other movie review about this movie I'll bet that 85% of them said that the first half of the movie is better then the second half.
And it is the truth.
Anyways the characters in this movie were so spectacular and funny and unique.
Lets start with the dad, he's funny and kind of a wreck.
Which is a great pair with the mom who is strict and clean.
I also like the three boys, I think I've seen their character before but their character of the trouble makers who always get away with everything!
And I think that the main character (the girl) is a perfect type for that kind of family.
I thought that the movie was exciting and usally kept you locked in.
Which is good because the movie is really predictable.
There was some magic in this movie which had an important role but I didn't think they used it much.
Now what didn't work for me.
This movie went up and down from serious to plain pixar cute.
That eventually gets really annoying and makes you get bored.
And I also didn't like that this movie was totally obsessed with bears.
The bad guy is a bear and the witch is like the master of bear spells and BEAR!
If you don't like bears don't see this movie.
I thought the witch was kind of useless and kind just put there to make it look more interesting.
And there are some little magic things in this movie called wisps that are supposed to lead you the way, but whenever they lead the girl somewhere (which was like 3 times) It was something bad and it included bears.
And also in this movie there's a spell and you only have 2 days to make it go away, and all they're doing is wasting their time by catching and eating fish.
Now I know the mom and the girl want some bonding time but would you rather get a day of bonding time or the rest of your life?
Easy question.
Anyways I would recommend this movie to anybody who likes pixar or bears.

Score=7.0

The next movie is made to be stupid.

No comments:

Post a Comment