Monday, June 18

Movie Review: The Dictator


This movie is like SNL's brother. It's funny...

Rating: R
Time: 83 min

Sacha Baron Cohen has made some movies before but they’re in the style of a documentary so when this came out as a normal movie then people wanted to see what would happen.
I didn’t see Borat or Bruno but I’ve heard that this movie was the worst one out of the three.
I can’t agree with that because I don’t know that.
Anyways this movie is about this terrible dictator that goes to America. He has to sign a paper to make his country a free country when things go wrong and people want to kill him.
Anyways in this movie there are jokes around every corner, you expect that you’re going to hear a joke and you do.
It’s a movie where things are really expected.
Sacha Baron Cohen, I would have to say, was the one who was the only one who was really trying.
Everyone else I expected more from, his accent is a little hard to understand so if you have good ears you’ll understand.
This movie is offensive to everyone, so there are jokes where you’ll be “Ha! That’s really funny!” and times where you go “That’s not funny! That’s offensive!” it’s just how his movies go.
I wouldn’t recommend this movie to everyone, there are some pretty inappropriate parts where kids and maybe even adults will feel a little or a lot disturbed.
I recommend this movie to people who don’t care if they’re offended and teens to older.
You won’t get bored at all!

Score=5.5

Next movie is an drama about retiring.

No comments:

Post a Comment