Saturday, June 23

Movie Review: Moonrise Kingdom



A romantic drama about 2 kids, for me that's a first.

Rating: PG-13
Time: 94 min

I really don't know what to say about this movie other then it's brilliant.
The colors in this movie are beautiful and great.
And the plot in all is just so brilliant and amazing.
The actors are amazing and everyone fits their part very well.
There are some characters in this movie that just make the movie.
Like all the camp kids, they make the whole movie interesting and funny!
Yeah that's another thing, I know that this movie's trying to be a romantic drama but there were some cute little jokes in their that I chuckled about.
The soundtrack for this movie was great, I liked all the music and I thought it was good.
Someone that really made the movie good for me was the character Cousin Ben played by Jason Schwartzman, I thought his character was funny unique and kind of made the movie for me.
I liked the girl in the movie because I liked her uniqueness.
I liked how she was the more damaged person.
I also liked how she is so dangerous and she's not afraid of it.
Now lets see what didn't work for me.
In the beginning of the movie the girl is waiting for someone.
Then the next scene with her is that she's in the meadow with the boy.
It just goes right into that and I thought it was a little to fast.
They eventually have a flashback that says one year before but the scene is shortand so it doesn't seem that intimate with the viewer.
I also wasn't that into the movie in the first half when they run away, I thought the second half was better more energetic and entertaining.
I didn't like the kids when they ran away together because there's a part where he laughs at her and she gets really mad, but then 20 seconds later she forgives him.
I thought their relationship had some ups and downs.
But this is the most entertaining non-stupid romance movie I have ever seen.
(But then again I don't see many romances.)
i would recommend this movie to anyone who knows a good time.

Score:8.5

Next movie is the first pixar movie with a heroin!

1 comment: