Monday, June 24

Movie Review: The Internship

Personally I prefer Bing.

Rating: PG-13
Time: 119 min
Director: Shawn Levy
Stars: Vince Vaughn, Owen Wilson

Actually I have just changed my mind and I now have decided that Google is actually better than Bing.
Why you might ask?
Because Bing is just a copy of Google.
Why would you come out with a new search web system if the best one has already been made?
Also what's the deal with the Bing challenge?
I know that it's already over but that was just a dumb thing for them to do.
The only thing it proved was that they were and still are jealous of Google.
And that just made people like me use Google way more!
And let me just tell you that I don't see a movie contract for them anytime soon.
And especially after this movie came out!
Sorry fans of Bing, but your search web sucks.
And it's never going to get better unless Google screws up or something.
But a lot of people are disliking this movie, some of it because it just gains more publicity for Google.
So I know that Google had to sign off on the movie for it to be made, but they didn't make the story!
Vince Vaughn did so I don't know why everyone is hating on Google for it.
But those are just my thoughts.
So what's this movie about?
These two old guys need a job.
So they get an internship at Google.
They get split up into teams and the team with the most points from all the challenges they do get a job.
So what was good?
First of all, the idea of the movie was cool so of course the scenery for the movie was cool.
And Google is like the best place to work at some people say and this movie totally supports that.
The movie has a simple old formula so it's not really a movie where you need to think that much at all.
The characters are pretty weird but all in a good way.
I mean I don't think there was a person in this movie that made the movie bad when they were actually on screen.
Actually the one person who made this movie amazing in the one scene he's in was Will Ferrell.
There's a scene with him in it and he steals the show!
So what wasn't good?
This movie follows the same formula as many many other movies.
This makes it predictable which means there's not really a twist or an unexpected turn.
Also I thought this movie would be one of those nice, lightly funny, feel good movies, but there's a huge chunk of this movie that takes place in a strip club where they're all getting drunk.
For me personally, I thought that that moment didn't fit in well the rest of the movie and it was way to long.
Also the humor was not that funny I would say.
I wanted more laughs and bigger ones too.
They had a couple of chuckles but nothing like This is the End.
Oh and you know how I mentioned Will Ferrell earlier on in the post, well another bad thing about this movie was that they totally underused him!
This movie was not that good, but let me just say that if they made a movie all about Will Ferrell's character in the movie, I think it would be as popular as Anchorman possibly.
And I also felt like as everyone else is saying this movie was one big ad for Google.
Other than that I thought that the love story in this movie was boring.
Every time I had to watch it, it made me hate the movie a teensy weensy bit more.
As you can see from my bad sections in all of my posts, I am not a fan of romantic movies.
You know, unless they're good.
This one was not.
So all in all, this movie had not so many good things and more flaws.
Don't feel bad if you missed it, you're not missing out on anything.
Score=4.5

No comments:

Post a Comment