Thursday, June 20

Movie Review: Man of Steel

I
AM
SU-PER-MAN!
Buddah, buddah, bu, bu, bu, BU, bu...
Wait, wait, wait!
That's not right.

Rating: PG-13
Time: 143 min
Director: Zack Snyder
Stars: Henry Cavill, Amy Adams

To tell you the truth I haven't even heard the Super Man song.
At least I'm not totally clueless.
I know Iron Man, Harry Potter, Star Wars, Indiana Jones and maybe others.
But that doesn't really matter now.
So before I get into the review, I came into this movie knowing a couple of things.
First of all, I knew that Zack Snyder was the director.
I also knew/know that Zack Snyder has a funny way of doing things.
When I saw 300 I enjoyed it but thought it was a little silly and cartoony.
But then I saw Watchmen.
I loved Watchmen.
So walking into the theater I was so excited for the movie.
And you don't even know how excited I am for the sequel to 300, even though Zack Snyder isn't directing it.
And also Christopher Nolan was producing it.
Almost everyone loves Christopher Nolan besides people with bad taste.
How could you not?
He directed the Dark Knight trilogy, Inception and others.
So what was the plot in the movie?
SUPERMAN COMES TO THE RESCUE TO FIGHT THE EVIL GENERAL ZOD!!!!
It's not exactly like that, but the general point is Super Man vs Zod.
So what was good?
First of all, I loved Michael Shannon.
I thought that he did an amazing job as Zod and was really bringing it to the screen.
One moment I really liked of his was actually in the trailer when he says, "I WILL FIND HIM!!!"
SOOOO BOSS!!!
Anyhow, other than Zod, the action was awesome.
There are so many cool action scenes!
Superman's flying through the air blowing Zod through a million buildings!
It's really awesome.
I also seemed to like the structure of the movie.
In the trailer you see so many moments of Super Man young, and the truth is, that doesn't even happen in the movie!
It's only in flash backs!
And the CGI was also very well done.
A lot of action and KABOOM'S everywhere that looked very realistic.
The ending was also good.
What I mean is not the dramatic feel good ending, but the ending to all the action sequences.
And a funny perk that was in the movie was that some things like for example barrels had the Lex Corp symbol on it.
So we're looking into a sequel, possibly with Lex Luthor.
So what wasn't good?
First of all, I thought that some moments were just proposed badly to me.
Every time, right before Super Man is about to take flight, he puts on this face that make him look so stupid.
I also thought that the character of Superman was just too... fake.
My evidence for that is, he's never flown before.
He tries once and fails.
The second time he's circling the world.
I felt like I needed to see him evolve more than once trying to fly.
Also when he figures out more about his planet and real family and stuff like that, I thought it was kind of dull.
Like he was getting all this really personal knowledge and all he did was "Ok, I am now Super Man."
Once again I felt like his character needed to evolve some more.
SPOILER ALERT
And after doing no fighting in his life he can take down this one guy with the same powers as him, who is also like head of the military for Krypton or something!
END OF SPOILER
Now that's just fake.
So all in all, the movie was good even though I wanted more from the movie and Super Man in general.
Score=7.5

No comments:

Post a Comment