Sunday, June 16

Movie Review: Now You See Me

Once upon a time there was a movie called The Amazing Burt Wonderstone.
Everyone hated it, or didn't like it as much.
But I really liked it!
I loved it because it was a magic movie.
And I love magic movies.
Oh hold on, what's this?
A movie called Now You See Me!
And it's about magic!
Well I'm off to the theaters to see how this one does!

Rating: PG-13
Time: 115 min
Director: Louis Leterrier
Stars: Jesse Eisenberg, Mark Ruffalo

I'M BACK!
And by the way, even I've got to admit that was one weird intro I just did.
So anyways before we get into the review and talking a little about it before, can I just say that I have just hit my 15,000th viewer today.
I hope to hit a least 16,000 by the end of the year.
But anyways now let's talk about the movie.
First of all, this movie has so many other famous actors other than Eisenberg and Ruffalo.
It also has Isla Fisher, Woody Harrelson, Dave Franco, Morgan Freeman, Michael Caine, a new french actress who was also in Inglorious Basterds and not many others.
So with so many great actors, a plot with MAGIC and much more you would expect a good movie right?
Well the only thing that could possibly go wrong is if they ruin the magic and make all the characters uninteresting.
So did they?
Did director Louis Leterrier do that to this movie?
Maybe, you'll just have to read and find out.
Also before the review let me mention that this movie is its first and right when the trailer came out, I was in love.
I was hoping to see this movie for such a long time and finally I am satisfied!
But only because I saw it.
Anyhow, let's get to the review.
So the plot is that there are these magicians that rob a bank in one of their shows.
Right after that a lot more happens and it gets complicated and BOOM!
We have our movie!
So what was actually good.
First of all the characters were good.
They were unique and awesome in their own way.
Like Woody Harrelson who supposedly is a hypnotist.
Also what was good were the special effects.
In the last magic scene there were so many effects that made the movie look really good.
I also liked the magic tricks they did.
In the beginning of the movie they show a clip of each magician doing a little bit of magic and I've just got to admit that Isla Fishers one was pretty awesome.
The action was better than expected.
There's a really cool scene between Dave Franco and Mark Ruffalo.
Another thing that I liked about the movie that some others did or didn't was I liked the ending.
The twist at the ending I thought was dumb until they explained it.
When they did explain it, I thought it was smart and I liked it.
So what wasn't good?
First of all, in the mix of all this awesomeness there's a stupid love story going on.
Mark Ruffalo and the french girl have a thing and no one came to see it.
We came to see magic and awesomeness, so whenever they're on screen together it's my moment to go to the bathroom.
Also, before I said that only two things could ruin the movie; bad characters and ruining of magic.
The characters were fine, but the magic... not so much.
What I love about magic is the mystery of how the magicians did it.
In this movie they tell you how they do the trick and personally for me that ruined it.
It made the magic worse.
And for one in my life time I hated Morgan Freeman.
He was such bragger and mean guy, trying to spoil the magic and always claiming he was one step ahead of everyone.
Whenever he was on screen I hated the movie.
Others won't say that but it was bugging me so I did.
Anyhow, the movie was a good time with only some flaws.
All in all, you need to see this movie, but if you're bored you should.
Score=5.5

No comments:

Post a Comment