Wednesday, June 26

Movie Review: Monsters University

Monsters Inc. was one of my favorite childhood Pixar movies ever.
So when I heard that they were coming out with the prequel to it I was like OMG!
I had to see this movie.
And so I saw it.
And so I am reviewing it.

Rating: G
Time: 104 min
Director: Dan Scanlon
Stars: John Goodman, Billy Crystal

So all the amazing voice-over stars come back to the big screen once again to make the prequel to the older famous animation film.
MONSTERS INC.  IS BACK!!!!
And I couldn't wait to see it again.
Also by the way, the time for me that I am writing this, is about a couple of hours away until I have to board a plane to go to Spain like I always do.
And in Spain I have no internet connection.
That means that I will not be able to do any posts besides maybe one or two.
And right now I am in big trouble because as I said before I only have a couple of hours (3 hours) and in those hours I have to write this review plus one about World War Z and one about The Bling Ring.
So hopefully I'll do it, but if I don't have the time to, I'll finish it in Spain.
But enough about my personal life and more about reviewing Monsters University.
So the plot in this movie is that Mike and Sully are at college and it's pretty much the sane plot as The Internship.
The college splits up into different teams and they have to battle each other at different competitions and if Mike's team loses than they get expelled form Monsters University.
It's pretty much the same exact plot.
So what was great about the movie?
First of all, the animation in here is AMAZING!
With all these different colors and different monsters it does a really good job at showing it off.
Also I would say that the characters are really great.
They're all unique and that's what's so great about them.
They all have these different and awesome personalities that makes them each so fun to watch.
There wasn't one person where when they were on screen made get bored with the movie.
Also the challenges that the teams had to do was pretty cool.
I thought it was really creative and awesome how they made each one, especially the second one with the librarian.
Also I think that the references they made back to the original Monsters Inc. were cool.
And let me just say that if this movie was exactly like how it was for the last half and hour everyone would love it.
The last half and hour of this movie is the films shining moment.
It was probably the best part of the whole movie no doubt whatsoever.
So what wasn't good?
First of all this movie tries to have some humor in it.
And also like in old Pixar movies, they have humor that is actually funny to even adults.
This movie had humor but it wasn't good.
It didn't make me laugh or chuckle.
I think that the only people in the audience who laughed were the really young kids or that couple who sat across from me in the isle and were only there to laugh at the childish and stupidity of the movie.
I hate those types of people.
Also what I thought was bad was that some times the movie got way too silly for me.
The silliness in this movie sometimes disconnected me from the story and the plot.
So all in all, this movie is great for the kids and not so much for the adults.
Score=6.5

No comments:

Post a Comment