Wednesday, June 26

Movie Review: World War Z

BRAD PITT IS BACK TO MAKE THE HIGHLY ANTICIPATED ZOMBIE MOVIE!!
IT'S ACTUALLY NOT THAT ANTICIPATED SO I DON'T KNOW WHY I SAID THAT!
AND EVEN MORE, I DON'T KNOW WHY I'M USING CAPS!
I'M GOING TO REVIEW NOW!
OK, BYE!

Rating: PG-13
Time: 116 min
Director: Marc Forster
Stars: Brad Pitt, Mireille Enos

So before we start let me just mention that Brad Pitt has been wanting to make this movie for ages.
I don't know why because to me it just seems like a plain old zombie flick with Brad Pitt.
Still there's that little unique thing it has in the end.
But other than that it's just a zombie flick.
And also let me mention that I didn't want to see this movie.
I wanted to see MU and Bling Ring more.
I only saw this movie because my friends wanted to go so I went with them.
But before that i was totally not interested.
To me before I went into the theater all I thought the movie would be was a mediocre plain old zombie flick with Brad Pitt and that's it.
Well I was wrong about the mediocre part at least.
So what was the plot?
THE ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE IS HAPPENING AND WHO'S THERE TO HELP SAVE THE WORLD?
THE ONE AND ONLY BRAD PITT!!!!!!!
Amazing...
So what was good?
Let me put the big thing out there first.
THIS MOVIE IS SO MUCH FUN!!
Man all throughout this movie there's zombies and action nonstop and it is so much fun.
It gets you pumped and you're excited and you're loving it!
I know I was.
Also I think that the acting was pretty good.
Nothing amazing and Oscar-worthy but it was good.
The action was also very good I thought.
And this movies intensity and horrorish level is at a perfect one.
I mean it's really intense when zombies are jumping and biting and killing everyone, but also it's really good when Brad Pitt is just walking silently down a hallway being quiet, and there are a million zombies everywhere around him.
A scene I really liked is in an apartment building where the family is just trying to get up to the roof.
And I really liked the ending of this movie.
A great song is booming and Brad Pitt is just doing something that is so LEGENDARY!
So what wasn't good?
I thought that the zombies in this movie weren't done very well.
To me they seemed like just glitches.
They were doing weird movements that I thought if they didn't would make the movie better.
And also even though this movie is one of the most fun movies I've seen all year and also really good, it's still very similar to other zombie movies.
I don't think that there was anything unique about this movie besides its ending.
But that's just my opinion.
So all in all, this movie is a great movie that if you see needs to be in a theater and even better in IMAX.
Score=8.0 

1 comment:

  1. I believe you saw this film with Asher. It's funny that you weren't interested in it at first, because neither was Asher. But after he saw it, he couldn't stop thinking about it, and was talking about it two weeks after having seen it—which usually doesn't happen. (He even picked up my New Yorker and read the review of it.) It made me think the movie was more than "a plain old zombie flick with Brad Pitt," as you aptly put it. I am not a zombie movie fan. But your review (and Asher's comments) have made me think this is one I should catch.

    I like the bullet-point structure you have at the top of each review. I personally always want to know how long a film is before I go, and usually reviews tuck that information at the end of a review, rather than the beginning.

    If you like Brad Pitt more now, you should see Moneyball. (But you probably already have.)

    Robert Simonson

    ReplyDelete