Sunday, August 25

Movie Review: Jobs

Apple is a great company.
They give us awesome utilities for our daily lives.
I am at the moment writing this post on an apple computer.
This shows that Steve Jobs is better than Bill Gates.
But know seeing this movie I do have to admit that Steve Jobs is not the man you want to work for.
Anger issues...

Rating: PG-13
Time: 128 min
Director: Joshua Michael Stern
Stars: Ashton Kutcher, Dermot Mulroney

Apple is one of the best companies in the world.
It invented the Mac which has helped many many people, one of those people is me.
Whenever I go on a trip I thank Apple because they keep me preoccupied with music from one of their iPods.
And they also supported me with laughter and fun with one of their million apps on their iPad.
What a great company Steve Jobs founded.
I really don't know what I would do without it.
But than again in the past people didn't even think that they would ever have needed computers.
Look at us now.
Maybe in the future robots will be invented and we will say we can't live without them.
Yet now, I'm perfectly fine without having robots.
Interesting, huh?
So anyhow the movie is based on the start of the life of Steve Jobs and his legendary company.
So what was good in the movie?
To tell you the truth, not much.
I liked the part in the garage but after that the movie dropped for me.
Some characters I thought were cool and could've even made the movie better if they were put into it more.
But that's pretty much just it.
Sad right?
So what wasn't good?
First of all, the acting in the movie was just mediocre.
It wasn't so amazing and personally I love Ashton Kutcher but I just don't think he was a good Steve Jobs.
Second of all, the movie was super long for itself.
It was a really long song and much of the movie I thought could've been excluded because it was boring or just didn't serve any importance.
Also the movie was so limited!
This movie was basically about the early point of Apple.
They didn't show the iPhone, they didn't show the iPod or the iPad.
They didn't even show Steve Jobs dying!
The moments they did show were sort of interesting but when the movie ended I wanted to know more about now and like what happens to the company after Steve Jobs died.
And most of the movie was pretty boring I would have to say.
It was based on the part that I didn't care about.
I pretty much wished that they would've focused more time on the present (now) or the past which was when they were in a garage.
I liked that moment in the movie.
The movie also didn't make me feel anything.
If I had to sum the whole thing up it would probably be that the movie was mostly boring with barely any enjoyable parts.
IT MADE ME WANT MORE!!
Score= 4.5

1 comment:

  1. Your first paragraph made me laugh again!! I agree, boring movie! Do you want to see Blue Jasmine this afternoon? I could be back today around 5.
    I'll give you a call and you let me know.
    Love you,
    Aunt Marion

    ReplyDelete