Tuesday, August 13

Movie Review: We're the Millers

So the plan is to make a fake family and travel across the Mexican border get some drugs and bring them back to the states.
Full proof right?

Rating: R
Time: 110 min
Director: Rawson Marshall Thurber
Stars: Jennifer Aniston, Jason Sudeikis

I always have trouble writing the beginning of my blog posts.
If there's not a fun story about before I saw the movie than I have trouble finding out what I want to write.
Like for this movie, it was a rainy day and this seemed like the best movie with a reasonable time.
There's no fun story.
The truth is that I only make the beginning of these reviews to make the review longer.
If the review is longer than I felt like I have succeeded more.
It makes me feel more sophisticated!
So instead of writing something really long I will end my beginning nonsense here and see how long my real review is.
Even the beginning remark is shorter than usual.
Anyhow the review starts... NOW!
So the plot in the movie is that Sudeikis is forced by Ed Helms to get some drugs from Mexico and smuggle them back into the United States.
To do this he makes a fake family complete with himself, a stripper, a virgin and a runaway.
In the mix of the family road-trip, other stuff happens and yeah!
We have our movie.
So what was good?
First of all the jokes in this movie are funny.
I will not embarrassed to admit that I did laugh out loud multiple times.
Also I loved the characters.
I thought that they were each very unique and funny in their own way.
All of them a little bit weird but in the end they all have pretty good chemistry with each other.
Also something that really surprised me in the movie was Nick Offerman's family.
In the trailer, they seemed like the worst part of the whole movie.
In the real movie they were one of the funniest and best parts.
Especially Offerman himself.
But to tell you the truth the whole movie is just a bunch of jokes.
So there's pretty much nothing else that I can say besides the movie was funny.
If the movie was funny and it got money I think that it succeeded its goal.
Sure the movie has flaws which I will mention next, but the only good thing that I can truly say about it is that it was funny.
The performances were also great but in the end all of the things I say will lead up to the movie being funny.
Jennifer Aniston did a really good job as her stripper part.
She was great and most of all FUNNY.
See what I'm getting at here.
So what wasn't good.
The movie was funny so it succeeded.
But also in moments when it wasn't funny it was just too ridiculous or too stupid or too annoying.
A lot of things were put into the movie just to make it longer and funnier.
Some succeeded, and some did not.
For example there's a boyfriend of some kind at the end of the movie.
I thought he did his role well and that he was funny.
He succeeded.
But then there's this Mexican drug lord named Pablo.
His role was never that funny.
He did not succeed which in result made the movie worse.
There are many other examples like the dirty cop and this fake baby named LeBron.
Some worked some didn't.
In the end the movie was funny but it had many unnecessary moments and things that most of the time didn't result well.
The movie was ok.
This is the End is still the funniest movie of the year.
You don't need to see this film.
Score= 6.0

No comments:

Post a Comment