Monday, August 12

Movie Review: The Way Way Back

Me and this movie, we go way back.
Like way-way back.
I have just realized that the title of the movie doesn't mean any of the things I just said.
Awkward...
Not really though.

Rating: PG-13
Time: 103 min
Director(s): Nat Faxon, Jim Rash
Stars: Steve Carell, Toni Collette

Let me tell you how me and this movie go way back.
Even though what I first said wasn't what the title implies I will still tell my story because it is pretty extraordinary.
So let's start when the trailer comes out.
I see the trailer- the movie looks fine.
I go to Spain for the summer thinking that it win't be a big loss if I skip the movie.
For Spain I always bring a lot of movies to keep me occupied there.
One day I just happened to choose Little Miss Sunshine.
AMAZING!!
I see the trailer for The Way Way Back again.
"From the studios that made Little Miss Sunshine..."
OMG, I want to see this movie, it's going to be-
AMAZING!!
My mom calls.
"Hey I just saw The Way Way Back, and it was-"
AMAZING!!
One Month Later
I walk out of the theater just have seeing The Way Way Back.
I think you know what happens next.
It was...
Ok.
JK!!!
It was-
AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Now let's get to the review!
The plot of the movie was that this kid has to go to his mom's boyfriends summer house for summer.
The boyfriend (Carell) is a total D***bag by the way and the kid doesn't really fit in the neighborhood.
So the only place he feels good in is WATER WIZZ!!!!
So what was good?
First of all I really liked the characters.
They were all just so fun and unique in they're own way and awesome.
Also I really liked the story.
I thought it was just a fantastic timeline that was fun and sad and AMAZING at every corner.
And this movie has the perfect combination of drama and comedy.
Each one was never used to much or too little.
They fit together perfectly.
And the acting was really great too.
I felt like everyone was really giving a great performance.
So what wasn't good?
The only thing that I have to say I didn't like was that some characters I felt were underused.
I felt like they could have had a bigger impact on the movie but they just- you know- didn't.
Other than that the only thing I was kind of annoyed with was that at the end of the movie I wanted to know what was next.
It left me satisfied but I wanted more.
But never mind that because if it were longer it would be worse.
It's complicated.
Never mind it.
ANYHOW, all in all the movie was a perfect combination of drama and comedy.
It's enjoyable for everyone and once you see it you'll be glad you did.
SEE IT!
Score= 8.5

1 comment:

  1. Enjoyed your review and seeing the movie with you!
    Look forward to seeing many more with you!
    Love ya,
    Aunt Marion

    ReplyDelete