Wednesday, August 22

Movie Review: The Bourne Legacy


I still like Matt Damon better.

Rating: PG-13
Time: 135 min
Stars: Jeremy Renner, Rachel Weisz

So Hawkeye joins the show!
No but seriously I like Jason Bourne better.
So the plot in this movie is a plot so confusing that you have to see the three older movies to actually understand this one.
So know that I brought that up lets start with what I didn't like about the movie.
I didn't like how Jeremy Renner joins the Bourne movie series.
I liked Matt Damon and I will always like Matt Damon.
And if you're going to continue the Bourne movies without Jason Bourne then just name it something else.
Otherwise continue the saga with the main character or don't continue the saga!
Then there's how you understand somethings in this movie.
Unless paying attention to every single detail in this movie you're probably not going understand some moments.
And if you came to this movie because it looked like a good movie, don't.
If you want to see this movie see the first three first.
Other then that the only thing I didn't like about the movie was this really long action scene right at the end.
They should've cut some of it because that moment spoiled the movie for me.
And I also didn't like the ending.
Coincidence?
I can't say the acting's good but I can't say it's bad so I'll just say nothing.
Anyways now I'll talk about the things that did work for me.
The action scenes in this movie are amazing. (besides the last one.)
They're the kind of action scenes that you can laugh at because it's so good.
Well all of them besides one.
There is a scene in this movie where it is just dark.
There's no song and it has you on the edge of your seat.
it is realistic and it is dark.
I can honestly say that this action scene that I'm talking about is the best action scene I have seen all year.
You'll know the seen when you see it.
I also like how all the Bourne movies start off with the audience knowing absolute nothing.
Until the movie goes on and you start to assemble pieces of the puzzle until you're puzzle is complete.
I just love how they do that.
I also like the pacing in the movie. (but not the last action scene.)
I thought they did the beginning well and throughout the movie I only thought once that something was to long or to short.
but I already talked about that.
Anyways if you've seen the past three Bourne movies then you definitely need to see this one.
But if you haven't then should probably go see something else.
Score=7.0

No comments:

Post a Comment