Monday, August 20

Movie Review: Hope Springs


More then 2/3 of the audience were seniors.
Bit of advice, if you want to come to this movie to have relationship advice, don't.

Rating: PG-13
Time: 100 min
Stars: Meryl Streep, Tommy Lee Jones

If you want to bring your grandma to this movie only because the main characters are old people then you should probably not tell her that this movie will die soon enough.
It will remind them of sad stuff...
Woops!
See, Tommy Lee Jones is already dead. (Well at least as an actor he is.)
This movie's about two old people who are having relationship problems so Meryl Streep joins a couples counselling problem and so then you meet Steve Carrel and the rest of the movie is them on a couch.
No but seriously the movie goes from home, couch, movie theater, couch to buying bananas popsicles and some sausages.
Now lets get started on the acting.
The best actor in this movie to me was Tommy Lee Jones, he did his job perfectly well but to me I would have chosen Kurtwood Smith.
I could totally see Smith doing Lees part 100%.
Meryl Streep was good but there's good and there's overboard.
And she definitely went overboard.
She made the movie look like it was all just one big joke.
Then there's Steve Carrel.
He should probably just stick to comedy.
I mean throughout the whole movie I hated him.
He never told a joke, ever!
And his part was so easy all he had to do is say something nobody wants to hear then smile like he hates himself.
Another thing in this movie I didn't like was when they had a joke but then the movie ruins that joke by having an emotional moment right after it.
And did I mention that the movie was really predictable, well it was!
Now the good things.
The jokes, the jokes that they said in the movie were funny and you could laugh out loud.
Well at least if your not serious.
A serious guy would hate this movie guaranteed!
And other then the jokes the only other thing I liked was that the movie was really easy to understand.
So if your a senior or a single, don't see this movie.
It won't help.
Score=4.5

1 comment:

  1. Lol!!! I was speaking with your mamma as I was buying the ticket to see this movie. She made me promise to see your review of it after I had seen it, so I was thinking about you practically the entire movie. First, I really like your review of it but just LOVE your first observation about the audience being 2/3 seniors…. Hahahaha, so funny! The movie was just OK, I agree but what I can't imagine, is you sitting through the entire thing (didn't have a choice, did you?). You must have had nightmares that night, seriously!

    Sleep well sweetie,
    Love ya,
    Auntie Marion

    ReplyDelete