Monday, August 27

Movie Review: The Odd Life Of Timothy Green


Let me say it right here, the trailer for this movie was complete GARBAGE!
Now lets talk about the movie.

Rating: PG
Time: 105 min
Stars: Jennifer Garner, Joel Edgerton

Pretty much the only reason I wanted to see this movie was because Joel Edgerton was in it.
But this movie didn't turn out to be as bad as it looked.
The plot in this movie is that Garner and Edgerton can't have a baby, so they make a box with personalities that they would like their kid to have and then they bury it in the garden.
Then Timothy Green appears he's different and we have our plot.
Let me get started on the acting.
Garner I thought did well in this movie, I realized that this movie wasn't her greatest but I thought she could bring some more.
I liked Edgerton in this movie, I thought he was a good character and that he did his job well.
But you know, not amazing.
The kid in this movie is how I expected the kid to be.
I thought he did great in the movie.
The kid hangs out with a girl in the movie that looked wrong.
She looked like she was 14 and he looked like he was 8 but I guess that was the only good actress that applied for the part because if she wasn't, seriously?
This is a movie that makes you feel good the whole way through.
I loved the ending and I thought it was a warm movie and I enjoyed it.
Now let me get started on the bad things.
This movie is Disney all the way.
This movie is Disney and it was everything you expect from Disney.
To some people that's a good thing but to me personally Disney just annoys the heck out of me.
Another thing that I realized are the emotions in this movie.
The actors and everything in the movie.
It's the same feel good emotion everywhere!
Even when things go wrong!
Oops I got fired, YAY!
Oops I got beat up, YAY!
(Those things didn't really happen, or did they?)
Anyways if you're on of those people who only like movies with love and family and pretty much no action just a feel good movie, then go to this one.
If you don't then don't go to this one.
And if you love Disney then see this movie and the other way around.
Score=7.0

No comments:

Post a Comment